Monday, June 18, 2007

Reason #39 not to be a film critic: It won't make Quentin Tarantino love you

I think this clip is illustrative of the kind of tensions that exist between critics and filmmakers, especially one as niche-oriented as Quentin Tarantino. In this clip, Quentin Tarantino blows up at a San Fransisco film critic who says that the film Kill Bill is inappropriate to 12 year olds. Without having seen Kill Bill, I don't have an opinion either way, but many of the viewers on youtube who post comments are in support of Tarantino for telling the snotty film critic off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYu6fpaNrBA

2 comments:

J.D. said...

I would be appropriate when I were 12. Now, I'm 14, and I must say I LOVE the first one. Have yet to see Vol. 2.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.