Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cinephiles are from Mars, Everyone else is from Venus

This is a great article



http://throughablogdarkly.blogspot.com/2007/06/cinephiles-are-from-mars-everyone-else.html



5. Fear of black-and-white films. Seeing something in black-and-white instantly turns people off. A study from an article I read on colorization said something like 85% of people will automatically switch the channel if they see a movie on TV and it's in black-and-white



6. Belief that the farther back in time we go, the less funny people were. Charlie Chaplain has probably never been topped, and he didn't even have the convinience of dialogue to work with in his best films. The R-rated comedies by Judd Apatow and starring the Frat Pack are only now starting to approach to the raunchiness and political incorrectness that Billy Wilder subversively achieved. I also like to cite Duck Soup is proof that humor is something that's only modern.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Dude, thanks for the pimpage. I like your blog as well. I hope you dont mind, I'm going to add you to my link list for easy access (for me and others)