Tuesday, April 25, 2023

New YouTube Video: An Imperfect Guide to Every Best Supporting Actress Ever

A massive project of mine. I learned to edit on YouTube recently and have now taken my YouTube videos to the next level. Because I didn't initially think I would know how to edit, I just downloaded tons of still pictures from Google's Image Search (around 70 and all) and fed them to a friend who knew how to edit for $70. I recorded all the way to Jo Van Fleet's win for East of Eden in 1955 but I assumed people's viewing appetite was 20 minutes or so, and I was extremely careful about not going over.

If you're interested in classic film you might find it interesting but I hope that it awakens people to the fact that there are interesting films and interesting stuff about the films before they were born.

I could have undertaken a project to watch every film that won an Oscar in this category but I thought it was more entertaining to just go in the other direction and just riff on what I didn't know. After all, there are enough know-it-alls out there about film. My goal was to be educational but also entertaining and find my own sweet spot somewhere in there.


No comments: