Thursday, November 28, 2019

My New YouTube Video Channel on Films Where'd You Go Bernadette, Late Night, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

This past Sunday, I woke up extremely lethargic and stayed in bed until a little past noon so I decided I needed a project. At the start of 2018, I thought I'd review every film I'd seen in 2017 but that never got off the ground so I thought I'd start again and I didn't even get out of bed. Over the course of the next 24 hours whether taking a bath, waiting for a restaurant or switching metros, I reviewed all but three of the films I'd seen in 24 hours.
The first was "Where'd You Go Bernadette" which was my third favorite film of the year because it managed to squeeze in complex issues of mental health with a light comedic tone in what was kind of a PG movie. 

The second was "Late Night" written by Mindy Kaling about her own experiences as a diversity hire in many writer's rooms including "The Office." For a film that likely begins with a an agenda about visibility and how the world is all smiles and rainbows if we include POC and women, it has a surprisingly good amount of nuance.
I did "Zombieland" and "The Good Liar" before I got out of bed. I haven't uploaded those ones but I also did "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" the next morning as I was leaving for upstate New York the next morning.

 

No comments: