Sunday, October 21, 2012

Parks and Recreation Clips by Me

I'm once again enjoying watching Parks and Recreation this season. As I said in a previous post, I quit the show last year because I found the Tom-Anne pairing a dealbreaker and would even go so far as to say I was empowered with the decision to break from a show if I didn't like its direction.

Nonetheless, aside from Tom and Anne no longer being a couple, I was also pleased to watch Parks and Recreation because I was on the set when it was being shot in Washington.

I met and got a picture with Chris Pratt; was part of a small press corps that photographed Aubrey Plaza and Chris Pratt as they met with the DC mayor; sort of talked to Aubrey; was close enough to hear Chris saying (and improvizing no less) his lines; and was technically an extra in one of the scenes.

It was one of the coolest experiences I've had reporting and a very wonderful turn of events on a day that just 5 1/2 hours earlier I thought would be hopeless (it was about 10:30 am that an e-mail from the DC film office came in announcing Parks and Recreation would be shooting and it was about 4, I finally rendevouzed with the crew and got an article confirmed by two publishers.

Here are two articles I wrote on the incident:
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/film/2012/07/23/highlights-from-fridays-parks-and-recreation-shoot-in-d-c/

http://www.examiner.com/article/parks-and-recreation-dc-mania-kept-alive-throw-twitter-feed

No comments: